Due to GDPR, Twitter have changed the way that hashtags are used. Our Twitter feeds are still live and constantly update. Please click the link above to see all of the fabulous work done by our children.
We are delighted to have achieved the Gold Kite Mark for PE.
Through the teaching of P.E. at Smithdown, we aim to:
- promote physical activity through enthusiasm, enjoyment and success
- promote physical development and improve natural abilities
- develop an understanding of the body’s needs and the effects of physical activity thus promoting a healthy lifestyle
- develop positive attitudes to physical endeavour including perseverance, fair play and sporting behaviour, and the ability to cope with success and failure
- develop aesthetic and creative awareness of movement
- develop understanding and acceptance of the need for rules
- embed values such as fairness and respect
- develop personal and interpersonal skills in a practical way where discipline, safety and consideration for others become a natural habit
- provide many varied opportunities for competition both within and outside our school environment
Please click on the links below for more information about our PE curriculum.
Click here to see how we evidence and review the Impact of the Primary PE and Sport Funding