The language offered at Smithdown Primary School is Spanish and we provide age-appropriate learning opportunities for all children in KS2.
Aims and objectives:
The aims of Primary Languages teaching at Smithdown are to:
- Foster an interest in language learning by introducing children to other languages in a way that is enjoyable and accessible to all pupils.
- Stimulate and encourage children’s curiosity about language and creativity in experimenting with it.
- Support oracy and literacy, and in particular develop speaking and listening skills.
- Help children develop their awareness of cultural similarities and differences.
- Lay the foundations for future language study by pupils.
- Provide an added perspective on first language teaching and learning.
- Give an extra dimension to teaching and learning across the curriculum.
Please click on the links below for a more detail about our Spanish curriculum:
National Curriculum Languagse Programme of Study KS2
Smithdown Primary School KS2 Overview for Spanish 2021-2022