Due to GDPR, Twitter have changed the way that hashtags are used. Our Twitter feeds are still live and constantly update. Please click the link above to see all of the fabulous work done by our children.
The language offered at Smithdown Primary School is Spanish and we provide age-appropriate learning opportunities for all children in KS2.
Aims and objectives:
The aims of Primary Languages teaching at Smithdown are to:
- Foster an interest in language learning by introducing children to other languages in a way that is enjoyable and accessible to all pupils.
- Stimulate and encourage children’s curiosity about language and creativity in experimenting with it.
- Support oracy and literacy, and in particular develop speaking and listening skills.
- Help children develop their awareness of cultural similarities and differences.
- Lay the foundations for future language study by pupils.
- Provide an added perspective on first language teaching and learning.
- Give an extra dimension to teaching and learning across the curriculum.